Author Topic: Moving Forward...  (Read 142 times)

Offline Giselle

• Administrator
  • Queen Bee
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach
Moving Forward...
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
As you may know, ongoing development of FLSM had to be put on hold for a bit, due to us being a two person team and the difficulties that arise from that when trying to do something on the scale of this game. We'd spent a ton of time, effort, and, frankly, money trying to get an RPG mode working properly, but in the end it just proved to be too large of an undertaking for such a tiny team. At least as far as the way we were trying to go about it. We wanted the RPG to have the same high resolution/high detail models that the Glimmer Deck (simulation mode that we released first) has, but whoa that is just not possible. We tried.

As of today I am officially starting programming work on the new RPG-style version of FLSM that is actually doable. We've been planning and designing for a couple of months now, and I'm ready to start in on the framework today. We'll announce it soon on Patreon, once we have things in place. As far as visual style goes, this game will be different from the existing "Glimmer Deck". It will be lower poly and less ultra high detailed, but as a result, we'll be able to focus on the gameplay, which we think (hope!) you will really enjoy.

For fans of the "Glimmer Deck", we will be resuming work on that as well. I'd added and improved things right before we took our hiatus, and those things never made it into a released update. I'm polishing that off and will try to continue to release updates for that in the future, as well as working on the RPG-style game.

Speaking for myself, I've personally been through, well, to be honest, a roller coaster ride of difficulties in my life over the past year or so, and it really threw me for a loop. Being in a dark place is no help when you're trying to be creative. That is for damned sure. Things are way better now, though. I'm back in action, ready to get busy expanding the world of FLSM, and ready to rock.

We want to thank you all for your continued support. It means so much! Thanks for sticking with us. :)

Onward and upward!
~ Giselle
...---... Giselle ...---...