Author Topic: Donating excess fibBiTs?  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Inquisitor

• View Profile
Donating excess fibBiTs?
« on: May 19, 2015, 12:58:08 AM »
I think the move to Patreon makes sense. I have bought all the addons and still have 1650 fibBiTs in my account. Could you please set up a way for us to donate them now that they are no longer needed?

Offline Giselle

• Administrator
  • Queen Bee
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach
Re: Donating excess fibBiTs?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 01:07:32 AM »
Thank you so much for your support! :)

This move to Patreon will definitely make things better for everyone involved. I'll be able to release builds more frequently and get more cool stuff in, and that will ultimately make F.L.S.M. a much more satisfying game.

Donating fibBits is an interesting idea. Can you tell me more of what you mean by that? We're certainly open to anything that makes this move a more pleasurable experience.
...---... Giselle ...---...

Offline Horni4Aliens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:49:25 AM »
So what happens to the addons we bought? What about the money spent on all the stuff? Will the base still be free or will it cost now?

Offline myster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »
So what happens to the addons we bought? What about the money spent on all the stuff? Will the base still be free or will it cost now?

good question ... at the moment the situation looks like, "you pay but the conditions have changed, we are sorry but at the moment there's nothing you can do about it,"   if you will not be a patron...

Offline Giselle

• Administrator
  • Queen Bee
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »
The add-ons you bought are still there in your account. The money you spent on the add-ons was for the add-ons, which you still have, you can still use, and you can still enjoy. Nothing has been taken away from anyone.

The base game will always be free, just as is has been. If you'd gone to the Patreon page you would have seen that there's a big download link for the base version right there near the top of the description.

If you pre-ordered the 3-Pack add-on set, you'll get those add-ons when they are finished. Nothing has changed as far as that goes. If you had stuff before then you still have it now, whether you're a patron or not.

If you want new things then you can be a patron, just as if you wanted new things before then you could purchase them. The difference now is that being a patron and getting new things costs less than it would have if we stuck with the add-ons method.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:39:28 PM by Giselle »

Offline myster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 02:53:07 PM »
imo that is a marketing fail, that kind of way where you want to go - it looks like you want money NOW , hungry, sober or something... ok you dont like non patron dudes but leave them fibits way to purchase new stuff - take 20% more money for it or something  but give them a chance... ;)

Offline Inquisitor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »
Donating fibBits is an interesting idea. Can you tell me more of what you mean by that? We're certainly open to anything that makes this move a more pleasurable experience.
I understand that I won't be able to use them in the future. By donating I just meant a way to release them from my account, so they no longer are "mine".

Offline hydron

• Test Pilot
  • Terrestrial Sapient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:28:16 PM »
I would be in favour of this too, were there a way to go about it :)

Offline Giselle

• Administrator
  • Queen Bee
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 11:46:29 PM »
I understand that I won't be able to use them in the future. By donating I just meant a way to release them from my account, so they no longer are "mine".
Well I'm going to be sending out some goodies over time to people who have all 6 available add-ons and still have more than 1200 points in their accounts. You bought those points in good faith that more was coming, and I have every intention of honoring that, so never fear! Whether you're a Patreon supporter or not, you won't be forgotten. :)

Offline Inquisitor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
I'm not too worried about my rewards and whatever and I think I made my point about why i would like to get rid of them clear already. I basically only bought the fibBits and addons to support further development of this potentially interesting H game. btw I'm already a $10 patreon and I hope that you can keep interest up by making some creations, so that you'll get more patreons.

Offline Giselle

• Administrator
  • Queen Bee
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »
I'm not too worried about my rewards and whatever and I think I made my point about why i would like to get rid of them clear already. I basically only bought the fibBits and addons to support further development of this potentially interesting H game. btw I'm already a $10 patreon and I hope that you can keep interest up by making some creations, so that you'll get more patreons.
Thank you so much for your support, it's totally appreciated! We'll have the alpha version of a Character Editor out sometime soon, so that's coming first. After that we've got big plans for taking the game to the next level. I'll post more about that on the Patreon feed as we get closer, but we're super excited and it means a LOT more cool stuff coming in the future.

Offline Horni4Aliens

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 07:29:22 AM »
So if we want addons for now on or 'exclusive' stuff we have to give you certain amounts of money every month via Patreon or will it be available on a store page like before?

Offline Giselle

• Administrator
  • Queen Bee
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 12:49:01 PM »
So if we want addons for now on or 'exclusive' stuff we have to give you certain amounts of money every month via Patreon or will it be available on a store page like before?
On Patreon, you get charged once per month, at the beginning of the month. If you decide to support us for that month then you'll get whatever is available at that time. If you decide not to support us then you won't. It's not a binding contract. You decide when and for how much you want to support the game, and you get things for that support. If you're a supporter you'll also have access to beta tests, special items, etc.

The old way, with add-ons, is you'd wait for us to release an add-on and then if you wanted it you'd buy it. There were no beta tests, there were no special items, it was just you buy the add-on and that's that. And because of how that system worked, it didn't allow me to keep updating an add-on once it was out (other than to fix bugs).

The new way is much better. If you don't want to support the game in the way that's best for the future of the game, then don't support it. Same as before (you could choose not to buy an add-on) but now we can work on the game a lot more and get more things in, because there's a steady flow of support.

Offline Horni4Aliens

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 03:12:08 PM »
Once I get a job (whenever that happens, honestly it looks like my chances at finding love is more likely at this rate), I'll support you on Patreon. Glad to have it all explained though. Will be looking forward to the future.

Offline 3dbob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 05:35:57 AM »
I still had 2800 points of fib BiTs and i got nothing more add-on that can buy for a long long time (new animations or charactors or any update). Yes, you change the game rule and hurt our heart that support this game before.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:37:53 AM by 3dbob »