Author Topic: More than just sex...  (Read 8584 times)

Offline Bushmaster

• View Profile
More than just sex...
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »
This is a copy of a post I made way back on the first day of the forums. i have ammeded it slightly, and it seems this is really the proper place for this stuff.

Having read your introduction post here: http://futurelovespacemachine.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

...I am really interested to see how you develop this. You clearly have a passion for the Sci-Fi genre and lots of ideas. I would love to see this turn into a hybrid RPG/Sex Sim/Dating Sim type game where characters actually have a back story & 'personality'. It seems you have already created some sort of light back story to the setting and it would be really good to see this explored and developed beyond a soul-less sex simulator.

What I would really like to see:

You (& the community) to develop the back story...

Immersion in a game really comes from the development of the game world - the 'lore'. It seems you have already started this with idea of the Great War, the Station, why it's there, who runs it etc. As you clearly love Sci-Fi stuff it would be really cool to see you develop this as your own Sci-Fi world. Some people may not give a crap about that sort of stuff, but I always love the back story, especially if it develops and evolves over time like an episodic comic or Novella.   :)

Story Mode/Free Mode

Choice of engaging in an [light] RPG style story mode or just entering the 'Love Lab' for some quick fun.

Ability to walk around the Katholikos-12 Station in 3D with a chosen character and interact with other characters.

I realize that fully voiced dialogue is probably off the cards; however text based dialogue in which each of the weird and wonderful characters on the station can reveal who they are, why there are there etc etc would really add some much needed depth to these kind of games. Certain Japanese dating sim style games have features like this (as I'm sure you know) but it would be cool to see this style of environment exploration and relationship building brought into a well thought out Sci-Fi setting. In my head this would be done kind of how you walk around the ship in Mass Effect games and find each of the characters in a different location. Take Hogart for example; in story mode he could be the grizzled ex-marine who hates all 'xenos' - when playing as Hogart it could be extra difficult for him to engage with alien characters. When playing as an alien the reverse would be true if trying to engage with him.

RPG Elements

In 'story mode' there could be the ability to chose one character at the start and build up stats of some kind. These could relate entirely to sex, or (preferably) also to the interpersonal interactions, relationship building and whatever else you plan to add (combat...?) This could really expand upon the character relationship side of things mentioned above. There could for example be pheromone implants that allow characters to overcome prejudices of 'NPC's and engage with them irrespective of cultural/racial preferences.

Base Building or Meta Game Elements

One thing that instantly comes to mind when I think of this Sci-Fi setting with cyborgs etc, is Xcom Enemy Unknown & Enemy Within. One thing those games do well is make you feel part of the wider picture by using meta game elements of resource collection etc. If this game was being taken down the route of doing more than just sex simulation, perhaps this could be a less graphically/environment intensive way of connecting the Katholikos-12 Station to the story world and wider picture...

Offline XiliX

• View Profile
Re: More than just sex...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »
Would love to have a RPG or any other 'Game' element added.
(  Because I am an idiot, I seriously thought this was going to be an actual Game similar to BoneCraft or Whorecraft.  :-\  )

Would like to see a Character Editor for Appearance, Body & Stances also.

Hopefully, more players arriving will generate more revenue for Ripened Peach & this will continue to expand  :)

The Gene Pool needs chlorine

Offline Tarakis

• waiting fer the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
    • Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:06:39 AM »
I agree with XiliX. I would love to see this game to evolve into a great rpg style game with a good backstory, storyline, blaster blazing, ship dogfights, character interaction leading to sex or lack there of :)  ..
Blowing stuff up in games cuz Blowing stuff up fer real will git me locked up.

Offline XiliX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 03:19:12 PM »
I agree with XiliX.

Wait... Someone actually agreed with me on a Forum?!?

Holy shit... This is so going on my calendar  ;D
The Gene Pool needs chlorine

Offline Tarakis

• waiting fer the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
    • Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:42:14 PM »
I agree with XiliX.

Wait... Someone actually agreed with me on a Forum?!?

Holy shit... This is so going on my calendar  ;D

Marked on calendar  :P
Blowing stuff up in games cuz Blowing stuff up fer real will git me locked up.

Offline grinder

• Test Pilot
  • spin the drill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »
a game that using no scripted behavior-dialogues and i have a blast with it is the " Artificial Academy 2 ' from Illusion games ( japanese studio ) .. You make your own characters with specific traits , tastes and so on and the results are so unpredictable when you interact with them ..
 Ok i know that is difficult to have such gameplay here , i imagine that in the best case scenario we ll have a scripted dialogue with a branch - tree choices but i d'like to see the characters here to have different preferences and tastes or skills for specific poses , that would make it so unique and awesome ..
...arouse me with a good story...

Offline Giselle

• Administrator
  • Queen Bee
    • View Profile
    • Ripened Peach
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 10:46:09 AM »
a game that using no scripted behavior-dialogues and i have a blast with it is the " Artificial Academy 2 ' from Illusion games ( japanese studio ) .. You make your own characters with specific traits , tastes and so on and the results are so unpredictable when you interact with them ..
 Ok i know that is difficult to have such gameplay here , i imagine that in the best case scenario we ll have a scripted dialogue with a branch - tree choices but i d'like to see the characters here to have different preferences and tastes or skills for specific poses , that would make it so unique and awesome ..

One of the goals we have is to introduce conversation with characters, where each one will have their own unique personality and react in different ways to various threads of dialogue, etc. We'd also like for people to be able to write their own "story arcs" which can then be plugged in some how to the system. I'm also personally way into AI and I've been doing a lot of research into AI chat systems and things like that.

We realized that any foray into that end of things could take a long time to get "right" so we opted to leave it out of this early first version of the game. It is quite high on on our priority list for the future, though, rest assured. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:47:51 AM by Giselle »
...---... Giselle ...---...

Offline hydron

• Test Pilot
  • Terrestrial Sapient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 10:59:54 AM »
Xstoryplayer is another game that has interesting plans involving story creation and ai

I would love to be able to create my own story arks with this game too should the feature be implemented some time down the road:)

Offline grinder

• Test Pilot
  • spin the drill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 11:29:19 AM »

One of the goals we have is to introduce conversation with characters, where each one will have their own unique personality and react in different ways to various threads of dialogue, etc. We'd also like for people to be able to write their own "story arcs" which can then be plugged in some how to the system. I'm also personally way into AI and I've been doing a lot of research into AI chat systems and things like that.

We realized that any foray into that end of things could take a long time to get "right" so we opted to leave it out of this early first version of the game. It is quite high on on our priority list for the future, though, rest assured. :)
These are the best news i ever heard ... If this will happen then it will be the game of my dreams !! It  will allure a different kind of gamers ( audience )  too and will make this kind of games  taken more seriously ..

Offline grinder

• Test Pilot
  • spin the drill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »
Xstoryplayer is another game that has interesting plans involving story creation and ai

I would love to be able to create my own story arks with this game too should the feature be implemented some time down the road:)

For a  reason the graphics and the theme of this game gives me the creepies ..  It doesn't look so good , the girls are a bit " wooden " and stiff , i don't like the models at all and all this about pissing at them makes me sick...

Offline Bushmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 01:38:35 AM »

For a  reason the graphics and the theme of this game gives me the creepies ..  It doesn't look so good , the girls are a bit " wooden " and stiff , i don't like the models at all and all this about pissing at them makes me sick...

Yeah, I tried X-Story payer and the current version is not great at all. There is apparently a much ore advanced release out; but only for those who paid to support development. Either way, the current version was not something I enjoyed at all.

Offline Bushmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 02:00:22 AM »

Both Articficial Acadmey games are good; if a little shallow compared to some other Japanese dating sims. But yeah, getting this kind of feature in FLSM would make it the first(?) western erotic game to add these kind of features? - maybe x-story payer got their first, but that game is creepy and not at all erotic.

Offline hydron

• Test Pilot
  • Terrestrial Sapient
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 09:25:48 AM »
http://www.xmoonproductions.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3520

Xstoryplay have stated a focus on ai as an intended goal at this point.This is realy all I wanted to point out on the subject of that game.

Wow Grinder, I am not saying that you are not entitled to your opinion.    The way you phrased that though, was painful to read.  There are ways to state negative opinions more tactfully :)

Anyway, an ai focus and something leading into story arks for flsm would be awesome!  I really get a kick out of story telling, and I would like to have that feature very much :)

Offline grinder

• Test Pilot
  • spin the drill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 12:46:19 PM »

Xstoryplay have stated a focus on ai as an intended goal at this point.This is realy all I wanted to point out on the subject of that game.

Wow Grinder, I am not saying that you are not entitled to your opinion.    The way you phrased that though, was painful to read.  There are ways to state negative opinions more tactfully :)

hey hydron  don't worry ,  to me at least it was clear that your point was about the Xstoryplayer's ai  .. as for my negative statement , yeah i was just exaggerating about it    :-\ ..

Offline hydron

• Test Pilot
  • Terrestrial Sapient
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »

hey hydron  don't worry ,  to me at least it was clear that your point was about the Xstoryplayer's ai  .. as for my negative statement , yeah i was just exaggerating about it    :-\ ..

Fair Enough :)